Join Dr Sam and invest in your own wellbeing
In conjunction with The Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM) we are running a one-day workshop on November 18, 2017 in Sydney, Australia, focused on helping doctors manage their well-being over the course of their career. While this is being run through ACEM, this workshop is open to all interested persons and you do not need to be a member to register.
November 18, 2017
9:00am – 5:00pm
$425* (includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea)
*Cost is set by ACEM and covers their cost of running the event. MedWorld is a non-profit organisation
A recent study showed that more than half of doctors are stressed, with 60% experiencing symptoms of burnout and more than half would not choose medicine as a career again.
But that’s not even the worst of it.
Studies show that stress causes depersonalisation, emotional disconnection with our patients, and depersonalisation leads to increases in major medical errors. Despite ‘first, do no harm’ underpinning who we are doctors, the way we are being as doctors is harming our patients.
The ‘Whole Life Health’ program has been specifically put together for doctors and is designed to shift the paradigm of what doctors think it means to ‘put their patients first’ by prioritising their own health.
Whole Life Health introduces evidence-based methods that will help attendees master the core areas of their lives so they free up their bandwidth to allow them to get on with what they do best, be exceptional doctors. Attendees will enjoy a highly interactive approach where they will learn how to;
– Effectively address burnout (including the single most important factor to prevent it)
– Master their mind, body and finances
– Learn the one skill that creates meaningful momentum in life
In this workshop, you will:
- Learn the Happiness Formula and how to structure your life to be most fulfilling
- Discover how to master your time to achieve results, not tick off to-do lists
- Uncover three questions to focus your mind effectively
- Experience a practice of mindfulness and integrate it into your life
- Learn why exercise alone isn’t the most important movement, and how to incorporate the most effective movement into your day
- Learn the 6 common financial mistakes doctors are making, and how to create a robust financial plan
Join Dr Sam Hazledine and invest in your own wellbeing, so you can provide your patients with the best version of you.